Along with general tools and techniques to respond appropriately to threatening, violent, aggressive and other unexpected or inappropriate behaviour, this course explores particular behaviours and needs which are common in clients with a disability.
Guided by the principles of positive behaviours support and harm minimisation, the content is mindful of both disability legislation and prioritises the wellbeing of both clients and workers.
- Causes and triggers
- Preventing violence
- Responding to emergencies
- Stages of escalation
- Positive Behaviour Support principles
- Self-awareness and calming
- The role of body language
- Defusing skills
We also offer an optional follow-on program “Advanced De-escalation”.
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.