Cultural competence is a step beyond cultural awareness, and this course will help participants not just familiarise themselves with aspects of Aboriginal culture but also explore ways to make our organisations and communication more welcoming, inclusive and culturally safe for Aboriginal people.
Led by an experienced Aboriginal trainer, this one-day course will develop awareness and sensitivity, while providing practical skills and actionable real-world ways to improve how we engage with Aboriginal people and their communities.
- Understanding cultural safety
- Aboriginal culture
- Impact of colonisation
- Intergenerational trauma
- Social and emotional wellbeing
- Inclusive practices
- Building trust
- Language tools
- Acknowledging Country
- Welcoming workplaces and services
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.