Building on the general skills and techniques covered in the introductory course, this course covers more specialist situations and behaviours which any of us could encounter in the community.
Participants must have attended our introductory course or equivalent to get the most from this more specialist course.
Content covered includes:
- Intoxication and substance use behaviour responses
- Recognising and responding to symptoms of psychosis
- Specialist techniques for dealing with young people
- Legal issues with duty of care
- Responding to distress, confusion and dementia
- De-escalating an actively suicidal person
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.