While expression of emotion can often be healthy, we all need to regulate in order to function in the world and emotional dysregulation can be distressing, chaotic and problematic for interactions with others.
This insightful one-day course explores the processes of Emotional Regulation and introduces a set of tools and strategies for modulating responses and managing mood, which can be used personally or with clients.
Content covered includes:
- The process model of emotion
- Distinguishing appropriate from dysregulated emotion
- Distress tolerance skills
- Situational approaches
- The role of mindfulness
- Managing thought processes
- Attentional deployment
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.