So many aspects of our personal and professional lives involve informal but often vitally important counselling situations. This two-day course explores practical counselling skills for those who find themselves in a counselling role, through their work or everyday life.
Participants will learn a series of structured, discussion-based tools which allow humans services professionals to engage and support clients, and anyone to better support others.
We cover a range of advanced communication and engagement skills and provide take-home tools and resources for use in a range of real-world situations.
- Role of everyday counsellors
- Building relationships
- Listening techniques
- Body language
- Normalising statements
- Clarifying tools
- Solution focused responses
- Live practice and individual feedback
- Referring and promoting help seeking
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.