Beyond ‘cultural awareness’, this unique course is the first step to developing a safe, nurturing and positive environment in which people feel comfortable and supported to be themselves and express their culture and belief systems.
This practical and revealing course looks at the spectrum of cultural capacities: Cultural awareness > cultural sensitivity > cultural competence > cultural safety
- Accessing culturally-specific information
- Links between culture and wellbeing
- Ethno-centrism and bracketing
- Culturally-tailoring existing services
- Recognising strengths and celebrating diversity
- Legislative requirements and substantive equality
- Recognising unconscious bias and systemic discrimination
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.