A person’s sexual orientation and gender identity can have a profound impact on their experiences and their service needs.
Drawing on a strong evidence base, along with the direct experiences of service users, this course is designed to assist service providers to understand diverse needs and improve service delivery for LGBTIQ+ communities.
The course provides contemporary education about the surprising diversity of human sexuality and gender identity, as a foundation for improving relationships, workplace environment and service provision. It includes a range of practical tools and ideas for making your workplace and services more inclusive, appealing and suitable to everyone.
- Key concepts: biological sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality
- Inclusive language skills
- Stigma and stereotypes
- Understanding spectrums
- Impacts on mental health and wellbeing
- Legal issues and discrimination
- Privacy and disclosure
- Gender transition issues
- Becoming visibly, proactively inclusive
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.