Designed for anyone working in human services, community or caring professions, it also welcomes people who may be interested to learn more about their own habits or those of a family member.
Taking an evidence driven and non-judgemental approach, this course provides foundation knowledge for working with people dealing with risky habits or addiction, along with providing an overview of what helps to break the cycle.
Content covered includes:
- How habits form
- Physical and psychological addiction
- Cognitive scripts and breaking habits
- Stages of change
- Harm reduction models
- Co-occurring issues and links with mental health
- Best practices for treatment and support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.