Where traditional approaches may have focused on an individual’s problems and disadvantages, strengths-based approaches focus on building personal strengths and aptitudes.
So rather than aiming to address deficit or correct client’s deficiencies, strengths-based practitioners see clients as capable and resilient and work with individual preferences and abilities to achieve the self-determined goals of each client.
This course will develop the skills of current strengths-based practitioners, along with providing foundation knowledge for those new to this approach. It also provides specific skills and templates for use with clients.
Content covered includes:
- Understanding strengths-based approaches and their benefits
- Goal orientation
- Links with mental health
- Assessing strengths, aptitudes and potential
- Strengths-based language
- Linking strengths with resources
- Links with Solution Focused Therapy
- Collaborative capacity building
- The role of hope
- Meaningful choice
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.