Not everybody who attends agencies wants to be there or is clear about why. Reluctance and resistance are common issues faced by caseworkers and counsellors. This practical course provides the opportunity to identify the key factors around reluctance and resistance, and to develop macro and micro skills for working with clients on these issues.
Course content covers
- Theories and frameworks of reluctance, resistance, avoidance and non-participation.
- Issues for specific client groups including: children and young people; those with organic and acquired brain injury; clients impacted by trauma and substance misuse; and those who are non voluntary clients.
- Macro skills and micro skills for establishing and building relationships.
- Role-plays and vignettes to embed the knowledge and skills learnt.
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.