Content covered in an Aboriginal context includes
- Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions.
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.