All of us have to face difficult conversations in the workplace and the way we prepare and approach these can make the difference between a disaster and moving forward positively. Such conversations might involve conflicting opinions, giving feedback, uncomfortable topics, addressing complaints and grievances or delivering bad news.
This insightful course encourages a proactive approach to topics which may be important but difficult to broach and provides a range of tools and techniques for making the process more effective and less stressful for everyone. We introduce a structured and balanced approach which is mindful of workplace legislation and helps participants manage the associated emotions.
- Types of challenging conversations
- Benefits of direct, timely communication
- Preparing practically and emotionally
- Timing and location of conversations
- Determining desired outcomes
- Clarity, caution and compassion
- The role of language
- Strategies for effective outcomes
- Managing emotions and mental health
- Relevant documentation
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.