Assertiveness is all about open and honest communication, without being either aggressive or passive. Assertive people stand up for their own and others’ rights in a calm and positive manner and feel comfortable and confident handling conflict and disagreement with others.
This course will develop participants’ abilities to communicate assertively in the workplace and beyond, and develop more confidence in interpersonal situations.
This highly practical course provides participants with plenty of opportunity to practise the skills covered and try out new techniques in a safe and supportive environment.
- Discerning between passive, aggressive and assertive styles
- Communicating clearly about rights and preferences
- Speaking up in groups
- Dealing with overbearing personalities
- Standing your ground
- Being able to say no
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.