A majority of Australians experience some form of depression at some time in their lives.
This practical and accessible workshop is firmly focused on evidence-based information about what actually works for managing and recovering from depression and provides a suite of tools and approaches which anyone can use in a personal or professional context.
Along with providing often surprising information about the nature and trajectory of depression, we explore and sample a diverse range of methods and techniques which can be selected and combined, to suit individual needs and preferences.
- Understanding depression and its types
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- What works: exploring treatments, services and approaches:
- Medical treatments
- Psychological treatments
- Complementary therapies
- Diet and lifestyle factors
- Social factors
- Self-help and other alternatives
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.