Far from being a trivial administrative document, client records and progress notes are key tools in recording client progress, demonstrating our duty of care and informing decision making.
This important and practical course will help participants improve their documentation, making records more effective, relevant and efficient. It includes direct practice of all the skills covered, with individual feedback, along with take-home tools and templates for use in future writing.
- Types of records
- Suggested formats
- Improved writing style
- Inclusive and respectful language
- The legal and practical role of client records
- ABODE guidelines for case notes:
Accurate, Brief, Objective and factual, Direct quotes, Easily understood
- Legal awareness and compliance including privacy, consent, discrimination, FOI, duty of care evidence, information collection and storage
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.