This course explores various types of community consultation and specific skills and approaches for doing it effectively. We explore the key principles underpinning effective, authentic and inclusive consultation, along with risks and pitfalls to avoid.
This course also provides participants with a take-home package of tools, templates and resources which will be immediately useable in your own organisation.
- Authentic engagement
- Risks and benefits
- Planning and preparation
- Consultation methods
- Public participant spectrum
- Community engagement principles
- Traditional and digital techniques
- Maximising involvement
- Transparency and trust
- Successful case studies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.