This popular course provides tools and techniques to empower participants to respond appropriately to threatening, violent, aggressive and other unexpected or inappropriate behaviour.
While this course may be valuable for people from any walk of life, it is particularly valuable for those working in customer service or public facing roles, along with anyone in human services or working in a high-pressure environment.
We will explore:
- Causes and triggers
- Preventing violence
- Responding to emergencies
- Stages of escalation
- Self-awareness and calming
- The role of body language
- Defusing skills
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.