This important workshop is designed for first responders; health, emergency and community workers along with those providing personal support. It may also be useful to those who have observed a serious incident or support someone who did.
Content covered includes:
- The nature of vicarious trauma
- Recognising symptoms
- Links with PTSD
- Impact of multiple / ongoing exposures
- Self-care for professionals
- Mitigation and resilience strategies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.