This revealing course is designed for campaigners and organisations who wish to enhance their media profile and increase coverage of their key issues. You’ll also learn how to respond appropriately to unexpected media enquiries.
This training provides foundation knowledge in how media works and emerging trends in the media sector. You’ll explore the process of engaging with the media, attracting positive news coverage and managing media relations.
- Media strategy and planning
- Media protocol
- Media releases
- Relationships with journalists
- Role of photos
- Electronic vs print media
- Citizen journalism and DIY media
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.