Unlike self-advocacy or individual advocacy, systemic advocacy is about wider societal change. How we improve the system to make things better for everyone. It is about long term, far reaching change which rewrites the rules.
This course provides foundation knowledge for effective systemic advocacy and explores a range of the most powerful tactics for your campaign.
Content covered includes:
- Purpose-driven systemic advocacy
- Strategic campaign planning
- Influencing decision-makers
- Links between individual experience and wider change
- Case studies of effective campaigns
- Collaborating for success
- Selecting tools and tactics
- Escalating pressure
- Persuasive communication
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.