The profound life impacts of trauma are well documented and wide reaching. And while the fallout and implications of exposure to trauma can indeed be devastating, the experience can also act as a springboard to personal growth and wellbeing.
Grounded in research and solidly evidence-driven, this course explores the potential for leveraging positive transformation in the final stages of trauma recovery.
Without negating the real damage trauma can cause, this course offers a hopeful perspective for the potential of human beings to transform a negative into something adaptive and positive, and how services can support this process.
- Understanding trauma
- The healing process
- Elements of growth
- Resilience and transformation
- Causes and predispositions
- Case studies of healing
- Tools to facilitate growth
- The role of mentors and peers
- The post-traumatic growth inventory
- Story sharing and giving back
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.