This insightful course unpacks cultural diversity and explores practical ways we can be more inclusive, responsive and appropriate when working with clients or colleagues from cultures other than our own.
Providing a non-judgemental learning space, this course offers everyone the opportunity to explore cultural differences and similarities and assist participants to discover new perspectives, while sharing their own.
The program explores the many facets of workplace diversity and shifts the inclusion paradigm from something we do to accommodate minorities, to something we do so everyone feels welcome and included.
- Understanding cultural diversity
- Tools for collective wellbeing
- Identity, stereotypes and stigma
- Adaptive tools for inclusion
- The power of inclusive language
- Becoming visibly, proactively inclusive
- Unconscious bias and systemic discrimination
- Benefitting from unique strengths and individual difference
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.