Drawing on a strong evidence base, along with the direct experiences of service users, this course is designed to assist service providers to understand diverse needs and improve service delivery for LGBTIQ+ communities.
The course provides contemporary education about the surprising diversity of human sexuality and gender identity, as a foundation for improving relationships, workplace environment and service provision. It includes a range of practical tools and ideas for making your workplace and services more inclusive, appealing and suitable to everyone. We will explore:
- Key concepts: biological sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality
- Inclusive language skills
- Stigma and stereotypes
- Understanding spectrums
- Impacts on mental health and wellbeing
- Legal issues and discrimination
- Privacy and disclosure
- Gender transition issues
- Becoming visibly, proactively inclusive
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
The Hub 1 Starling St, Hamilton Hill WA 6163
Located on Dixon Reserve, adjacent to the Wally Hagan Basketball Stadium.
The venue is wheelchair accessible including toilets, but please contact us if you have any particular needs we can assist with.
Click here for map.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.