While expression of emotion can often be healthy, we all need to regulate in order to function in the world and emotional dysregulation can be distressing, chaotic and problematic for interactions with others.
This insightful one-day course explores the processes of Emotional Regulation and introduces a set of tools and strategies for modulating responses and managing mood, which can be used personally or with clients.
Content covered includes:
- The process model of emotion
- Distinguishing appropriate from dysregulated emotion
- Distress tolerance skills
- Situational approaches
- The role of mindfulness
- Managing thought processes
- Attentional deployment
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.