DAY ONE: 04 Aug , 2021 DAY TWO: 05 Aug, 2021
This two-day course is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid.
Multi-award-winning and internationally acclaimed, Mental Health First Aid was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
Like physical first aid, it is designed to teach ordinary people from all backgrounds how to address minor health concerns appropriately and be an effective first responder in a crisis, before professional help arrives.
Participants who successfully pass the post-course test will be accredited as a Mental Health First Aider for three years, before a half-day refresher is required.
- Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions.
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self-harm, acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
This two-day course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home Mental Health First Aid Manual and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Optional post-course assessment and formal accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider, valid for three years.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $70 toward catering and materials.
Standard | $480
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $320
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $220
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
Registrations powered by
Know anyone else who might benefit from this course?
Then please share it to your social media channels...