Building on the general skills and techniques covered in the introductory course, this course covers more specialist situations and behaviours which any of us could encounter in the community.
Participants must have attended our introductory course or equivalent to get the most from this more specialist course.
Content covered includes:
- Intoxication and substance use behaviour responses
- Recognising and responding to symptoms of psychosis
- Specialist techniques for dealing with young people
- Legal issues with duty of care
- Responding to distress, confusion and dementia
- De-escalating an actively suicidal person
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.
Standard | $285
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $185
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $125
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
Registrations powered by
Know anyone else who might benefit from this course?
Then please share it to your social media channels...