Just as young people have specific mental health issues and needs, so too do older Australians.
Mental health symptoms and best practice responses do vary with age, and age-related cognitive changes also impact mental health.
Join us for this insightful and practical training session which will help participants gain an understanding of the mental health needs of older people and respond effectively to clients and loved ones.
- Generational differences in mental health attitudes and experiences
- Signs, symptoms and causes
- Distinctions between mental health and cognitive symptoms
- Specialised communication skills
- Care-giver strategies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.
Suite 9, 150 Hay Street
Click here for further details regarding parking, transport and location.
Our venue is wheelchair accessible, including toilets. However, if you have any special access needs or would like any support or adaptations to make learning easier for you, please let us know.
We offer a small number of scholarships to those who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Scholarship recipients pay a nominal fee of $35 toward catering and materials.
Standard | $285
Corporate and Government
Non-Profit/ Individuals | $185
Staff of non-profit organisations, micro-businesses with less than 5 staff and self-funded waged individuals
Concession | $125
Concession Card Holders paying as individuals
Registrations powered by
Know anyone else who might benefit from this course?
Then please share it to your social media channels...