We all know that prevention is better than cure, but too often our responses to situations of abuse and neglect are left until after harm has been caused.
While not every situation can be predicted, this insightful course explores ways that professionals, support workers and family members can take steps to prevent abusive situations before they occur.
We explore ways to recognise and respond to serious risk and what to do if we suspect a vulnerable person is in danger.
Applicable to sectors such as education, health, youth, childcare, disability, mental health and seniors, the tools and precautions presented can be used in a wide variety of situations where people may be at risk.
This crucial course will teach you the practical steps anyone can take to reduce risk and make a difference, in either a personal or professional context.
- Bearing witness: the power of presence
- Evaluating the situation
- Signs that help is needed
- Safe interventions
- Privacy vs Everyone’s Business
- The art of redirection
- The courage to speak up
- Engaging nearby support
- What can I do legally?
- Offering protection and assistance
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.