We explore ways to recognise and respond to serious risk and what to do if we suspect a vulnerable person is in danger.
Applicable to sectors such as education, health, youth, childcare, disability, mental health and seniors, the tools and precautions presented can be used in a wide variety of situations where people may be at risk.
This crucial course will teach you the practical steps anyone can take to reduce risk and make a difference, in either a personal or professional context.
- Bearing witness: the power of presence
- Evaluating the situation
- Signs that help is needed
- Safe interventions
- Privacy vs Everyone’s Business
- The art of redirection
- The courage to speak up
- Engaging nearby support
- What can I do legally?
- Offering protection and assistance
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.