This workshop is designed to help service providers and concerned community members identify the signs of abuse and provide appropriate responses and support.
Drawing on many years of research and providing evidence-based tools, this course helps participants understand the complex forms of domestic violence, recognise the signs and empowers them with the skills and resources to offer support.
- Understanding domestic violence:
facts and myths
- Types of abuse
- Recognising the signs
- Barriers to leaving
- Safety information
- How to start a conversation
about violence and abuse
- Practical ways to assist
- Responding in a crisis
- Community resources for further help
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.