Knowing how to intervene in a case of danger or injustice is a core life skill which can often protect the vulnerable and prevent serious harm.
“The Bystander Effect” was named following the murder of Kitty Genovese, when it was reported that dozens of bystanders heard the attack and did nothing.
You can make a different choice.
This crucial course will teach you the practical steps any bystander can take to reduce risk and make a difference in the moment, in either a personal or professional context.
Content covered includes:
- Bearing witness: the power of presence
- Evaluating the situation
- Signs that help is needed
- Safe interventions
- Privacy vs Everyone’s Business
- The art of redirection
- The courage to speak up
- Engaging nearby support
- What can I do legally?
- Offering protection and assistance
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.