It is a communication-driven form of change-making, which can be applied to diverse human rights, social justice, legal reform, equity and environmental causes.
Unlike self-advocacy or individual advocacy, systemic advocacy is about wider societal change. How we improve the system to make things better for everyone. It is about long term, far reaching change which rewrites the rules.
This course provides foundation knowledge for effective systemic advocacy and explores a range of the most powerful tactics for your campaign.
Content covered includes:
- Purpose-driven systemic advocacy
- Strategic campaign planning
- Links between individual experience and wider change
- Case studies of effective campaigns
- Collaborating for success
- Selecting tools and tactics
- Escalating pressure
- Persuasive communication
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.