Content covered in an Aboriginal context includes
- Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions.
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.