- Preparing: Sets the tone, norms, and
expectations of the learning experience.
- Connecting: Sensitizes participants to their own attitudes.
Creates an understanding of the impact that attitudes can have on intervention.
- Understanding: Overviews the intervention needs of a person at risk. It focuses on providing participants with the knowledge and skills to recognize risk and develop safe plans to reduce the risk of suicide.
- Assisting: Presents a model for effective suicide intervention. Participants develop their skills through observation and supervised simulation experiences in large and small groups.
- Networking: Generates information about resources in the local community.
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.