This course is designed as an introductory guide to mental health issues and psycho-social wellbeing for those who interact with children under twelve.
It provides a general overview of mental health and information about common disorders, including causes and symptoms and what can help if things get tough.
In addition to developing a general understanding of mental health disorders relevant in children, we explore how to create a mentally healthy environment for children and support psycho-social wellbeing.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Understanding childhood Mental Health
- Childhood mental health issues
- Signs and symptoms in children
- Psycho-social wellbeing needs
- Trauma and distress
- Building resilience
- Providing support
- Further help and resources
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.