“Dialectical" means integration of opposites and DBT treatment is a powerful cognitive-behavioural approach, which helps people integrate the seemingly opposite strategies of acceptance and change.
Rather than being counselling focused, DBT focuses on learning skills to manage emotions. While well known for its usefulness as a treatment for personality disorders, DBT is also helpful for mood disorders and for changing behaviour patterns such as self-harm, suicide ideation and substance abuse. It has also shown good outcomes for people with eating disorders and acquired brain injury (ABI).
This practical course introduces the concepts behind DBT and provides a suite of practical tools and activities for personal or client use.
- Understanding DBT and integration
- Mindful awareness
- Distress tolerance
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Emotional regulation
- Reality testing
- Self-soothing skills
- Accessing the “Wise Mind"
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.