How do “psychosocial” and other types of disabilities interact, and what skills do workers need to identify and support clients with a dual diagnosis?
This one-day workshop explores the relationship between disability and mental health and is ideal for disability professionals and other support people seeking a better understanding of mental health.
- Understanding mental health
- Identifying the relationship between psychosocial and other disabilities
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated service options
- Talking about mental health with clients
- Best practices for client support
- Links between mental health and disability sectors
- Where to find further information and assistance
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.