With one in four Australians experiencing a mental health issue in their lifetimes and statistics steadily increasing, this course is designed for ordinary people who would like to develop the practical skills to offer help and assistance.
We explore both common issues such as depression, anxiety and substance misuse, along with more acute conditions such as psychosis, personality disorders and cognitive impairments, along with self harm and suicide ideation.
This course focuses on how to recognise warning signs of mental health issues in self and others, and what to do in response. We explore preventative measures, how to talk about mental health, intervention skills and how to find appropriate help.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
• Understanding mental health
• Recognising warning signs
• The role of language
• Talking about mental health
• Practical intervention
• Promote help seeking
• Supporting friends and colleagues
• Further help and resources
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.