This course focuses on the crucial areas of habit, addiction and behaviour change and explores what it takes to break a cycle.
Designed for anyone working in human services, community or caring professions, it also welcomes people who may be interested to learn more about their own habits or those of a family member.
Taking an evidence-driven and non-judgemental approach, this course provides foundation knowledge for working with people dealing with risky habits or addiction, along with providing an overview of what helps to break the cycle.
- How habits form
- Physical and psychological addiction
- Cognitive scripts and breaking habits
- Stages of change
- Harm reduction models
- Co-occurring issues and links with mental health
- Best practices for treatment and support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.