This insightful course explores what we know about trauma and how it presents in people’s lives. It will assist participants to better understand the trauma experience and equip them to provide more appropriate and empathetic services.
Content covered includes:
- The nature of trauma
- Recognising symptoms
- Complex vs single-incident trauma
- Avoiding re-traumatization
- Understanding adaptive symptoms
- Towards trauma-informed care: initial steps to take
- Community resources and support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.