This practical and accessible workshop is firmly focused on evidence-based information about what actually works for managing and recovering from depression and provides a suite of tools and approaches which anyone can use in a personal or professional context.
Along with providing often surprising information about the nature and trajectory of depression, we explore and sample a diverse range of methods and techniques which can be selected and combined, to suit individual needs and preferences.
Content covered includes:
- Understanding depression and its types
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
What works: exploring treatments, services and approaches:
- Medical treatments
- Psychological treatments
- Complementary therapies
- Diet and lifestyle factors
- Social factors
- Self-help and other alternatives
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home reference package and free online resources.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Post-course contacts for help and advice.
- Certificate of attendance.